Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Prelude to Prospective Posts

Hi. I was inspired to create this blog after reading an email about an effort to increase media coverage in women's ultimate frisbee. I plan to cover the Southeast region for women's college during the upcoming season. Mind you, I am novice when it comes to publications. However, I can definitely talk about ultimate for an immeasurable amount of time, in other words, Without Limits.

Lefty High Release will serve as a vehicle to increase women's coverage in general, as well as to relay current happenings with the Georgia Tech women's team, GT Wreck.

As for me, I'm a bubbly, free-spirited individual given the birthname Leah Roxas Tsinajinnie, who happens to be deeply in love with ultimate frisbee. We all have our stories about how we got caught in the gripping net that is Ultimate (which I would love to hear about if you so wish at leaht16 @ gmail dot com). Mine is probably similar to yours, unless the story is that you grew up in the ghetto and participated in ganglike activites, one of which was playing an unknown, dirty style of ultimate. In which case, no, we do not have any similarities whatsoever. My style of playing comprises of, but is not limited to, sneakily tossing high release lefty backhands (SURPRISE!), launching big hucks of backhand or flick origin, breaking the mark, dismantling zone defenses, and any other handler-like actions, all of which include smiling :) because remember, frisbee is fun. I am the captain of Wreck, alongside Kelly Kloster, and I enjoy every moment with my awesome teammates and Keith Raynor (coach). I'll add more about Wreck and myself in the future as I see fit. For now, work off that holiday belly and start getting into shape for spring, with some cardio and strength training.

I know you've been eyein' some sweet ultimate merchandise, such as this or that, as potential gifts. Let's hope your friends noticed that drool drippin down your face as you perused those products and has the heart/money to satisfy your wants.

Until next time,
Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!

LT

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I look forward to hearing your unique voice and seeing an expanded coverage of Ultimate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LEAH LEAH LEAH LEAH REAH LEAH durp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look forward to reading. I too have a fondess of lefty throws, developed after I broke my right hand laying out. Thanks for the link to "The Blueprint."

    Hodags #1 Scotto

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Scotto: No problem! It looks like an interesting, well-constructed documentary. I'm always looking for more ultimate material to watch! As for your acquired leftyness, that's sweet! Hopefully I'll get to see those throws at a tourney.

    ReplyDelete